Thursday, October 25, 2012

Playing with Canvas


Ok folks.....confession time!!!! I AM NOT A PAINTER!!!! there I said it and I feel better now that the air is clear.  Why did I say that you ask???? Because I have always shyed away from playing with canvas because I always thought they were for painters. 
Well, last night decided to take the plunge and break out of the zone.  You know ......you've been there.......THE COMFORT ZONE.  I thoroughly enjoyed putting ink to the canvas and moving it around with mod podge.
Using Stampin Up Inks and a small piece of sponge I worked the ink around the canvas that had already been mod podged.  The second one (antiqued) I sponged old Olive, Summer star burst, and pumpkin Pie onto the canvas and then used the mod podge on a sponge to move the color around until I came up with this aged look.
These canvases were super fun and easy to do......I plan on making more of these for Christmas gifts, some will have ribbon to hang with and some will be on a display stand.
Until then......Happy Stamping  xoxoxo Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment